By purchasing your tickets you are agreeing to the following terms & conditions:
In the unlikely event that you find you have been charged more than you've authorised on your credit or debit card, then we will of course refund you. To do so, we will need to have a photocopy of your bank statement with the relevant charges highlighted. If you wish to cancel a booking, see below for the terms of refunds.
If you wish to cancel your booking, we do not issue refunds for any of our events, however tickets can be reallocated/substituted. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to do this.
If you have paid for a place and want someone else to take it, you can make this change by emailing email@example.com. Please try and sort this out with us before turning up to site. We cannot allow anyone to come on site using another person's registration.
Photography and media
By attending a Shift event you agree that your image may be captured and used by Shift. This may be in photographs or other digital media and may be used for promotional materials or other information which we produce.
You can opt out of this by speaking to the photographer or asking us to remove your image by contacting the Shift, firstname.lastname@example.org, during the event or after it. You can ask any Shift team member for information on how to do this.
For the Shift Weekend there is an age restriction of 18 years and over.
The Shift team are there to enforce these rules and may ask you to change your behaviour, especially if they think there is a risk to other people. If you do not comply with the site rules, the Shift team may ask you to leave the site.
How we use your data
By 'data' we mean any information about yourself or others that you use to register with Shift. Shift is required to store some data so we will store information about your booking after the event.
We will use your information in the following ways:
- To support you while you make your booking and help you to make any changes.
- To send you important notices about your bookings (e.g. arrival information).
- To make sure your account is up to date.
- Where you have signed up to receive information about promotions and offers, to make sure you continue to receive these.
We will not pass on your details to any third parties. This means only Shift can see and use the contact information that we store.
Shift endeavours to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998, and the 8 principles of data protection which are that information must be:
- Processed fairly and securely
- Processed for only one or more specified and lawful purpose
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive for these purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date. Our delegates have the right to have any inaccurate data destroyed if the personal information is inaccurate to any matter of fact
- Not kept for longer than is necessary for the purposes it is being processed
- Processed within the rights of the individuals - this includes the right to be informed of all the information help about them, to prevent processing of their personal information for marketing purposes, and to compensation if they can prove they have been damaged by a data controller's non-compliance with the act
- Secured against accidental loss, destruction or damage and against unauthorised or unlawful processing.
- Not transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area that does not have adequate protection for individual's personal information.
We put as much information as we can on our website for guidance but we can't guarantee that the information is always accurate or up to date. The web site and anything we describe on it may change without notice, including events which you book into. We will not be liable for any damage or loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of using our website.
We do not guarantee that the web site will be compatible with all hardware and software which you may be using to access the site. We will not be liable for damage (e.g. computer viruses) to your computer or other property as the result of your use of this website.
The web site, its design, layout, look, appearance and graphics is our property. Because of copyright you may only download, print, or copy any part of the website for personal use.
Changes to these terms
These terms and conditions may be changed from time to time to keep you up to date with our policies. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly.
Shift is committed to giving delegates freedom in what they choose to listen to and be influenced by. We will not tolerate proselytising at our events.
Shift understands proselytising to be:
- Manipulative attitudes and practices that exploit people's needs, weaknesses or lack of education especially in situations of distress.
- Comparing two communities by unevenly emphasising the achievements and ideals of one against the weaknesses and practical problems of the other.
- Making unjust or uncharitable references to beliefs and practices and even ridiculing them.
- Employing any kind of physical violence, moral compulsion and psychological pressure.
- Using political, social or economic power as a means of winning new members for a religion.
- Extending explicit or implicit offers of material inducements, education or health care or using financial resources with the intention of making converts.